Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Hada...

Hi

Hamada EL Tatawy, but everyone calls me Hada on account of Hamada being to hard to pronounce. I'm an aviation and aviation business major with a meteorology minor. I'm not a huge fan of vampires or all the new shows that are coming out about vampires, but I've never really given them a chance. I'd say that I'm open minded but hard to please.

I absolutely love to read. I probably read about two to three hours almost every day. When i pick up a book that I like, I feel like I can't put it down. There have been times I've read books cover to cover in one sitting if they hit the right note. I've been that way since I was a kid. It didn't really sit well growing up because I was really into sports. My teammates would find more books in my wrestling bag then they would gear. It's cliche to say but I've always felt like books are a gateway to other worlds. I can't get enough of em. When I'm finished with a good series I almost feel sad.

What I would love to get out of this class is a bunch of good reading. I love to dissect books and am looking forward to getting into that with this class; I wouldn't mind picking up some writing skills on the way either. I've never read a graphic novel so that's another thing that I wouldn't mind getting some experience with. So far this class seems like it'll be a lot of fun. It seems like it's full of smart people to feed off of. I enjoy our class conversations the most. Lots of good input and feedback; I'm looking forward to.

4 comments:

  1. I have to agree that I have never been into the whole vampire thing. I don't watch the shows nor do i follow the movies. I saw "Queen of The Damned" a few years ago, but that is the extent of my vampire experiences. I stayed in the class because I figured this topic would be a nice challenge for me since I'm not a big fan of fantasy fiction, but I have read ahead and I am surprised with the books we are reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to read too, but I never have the time! I'm glad that you're giving this class a chance. Vampires are pretty cool after all, and the graphic novel is pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hada! I'm excited to have you as my partner and work with you this quarter! I love how you described reading as a "gateway to other worlds," because that is exactly why I love to read. I hope you enjoy this class!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree. So far the class seems to really be clicking in discussion. Good, smart students.

    I hope you enjoy some of the reading.

    ReplyDelete